SHS Football Match Reports & Fixtures 

In Our Eyes You are Still Winners!

Wednesday 23 January 2019 Seaford U16's v Millais 1-4

Our U16’s Girls Football Team was unfortunately knocked out of the County Cup Quarter Final in the most heart-breaking way - penalties. After a dominant display throughout both halves, taking what appeared to be a 2-0 lead into the second half, Millais Secondary School team was awarded a free kick on the edge of the box and, with their only shot on goal, buried it into the top corner.


Beth Creese had earlier latched onto a weaving run from Ruby Atkins. Ella McCaughan, dominating midfield against an U15s England player, worked tirelessly with Ruby and both Afra and Maia Hussain from midfield.  Chance after chance, Ruby made it a comfortable 2-0. However, at half time it was 2-1.


Having scored a late goal in the first half, Seaford girls had their backs up and started to build the pressure.  Our defence looked strong: Kiera White, Harmony Lavelle, Eve Koskie and Rubia Butcher, all no nonsense defenders.  Rubia, having the game of her life, was first to everything.


With a goal ruled out for offside on Beth, followed by a couple of mistakes by us for them to take advantage, it looked like the Millais team would pip it in normal time but, as always, Seaford’s resilience paid off.  Now, with the U15s England keeper in goal, ready for penalties should it be needed, her kick fell short to Beth who didn’t hesitate to blast it into the back of the net.  Erin Shearing then had a last ditch attempt that went agonisingly over.  Full time 3-3.


In my opinion, penalties are possibly the worst way to decide a football match and the Millais team was ruthless with a 4-1 win on penalties.  A truly dominating display with the Millais’ teacher admitting they did not deserve it.  I could not be more proud of all the girls involved, having shown an enormous amount of energy and commitment.  Even Ella had cramped up towards the end of the game.


A few of the girls were very emotional, which demonstrated how much it meant to them.  However, they can certainly hold their heads high and be extremely proud of themselves.

New Year 7 Boys Make a Fantastic Start!
Wednesday 19 September SHS v Hailsham 2-0

The Year 7 boys’ football team played its very first match in the colours of Seaford Head School yesterday afternoon.  The team was excited and eager to get started for its first match up against a tough Hailsham side.


The game started well for Seaford, with lots of early touches of the ball, which allowed the team to move it around the pitch nicely.  In the heart of midfield the captain, Mason Creese, began to dictate the tempo for Seaford.  His partner, Mark Stonestreet, linked up well with Creese, as they both created chances for the ever present Freddie Sharpe up front.  Seaford had the better of the early chances which were well saved by the opposition goalkeeper.  At centre back, Joe Maclean provided excellent stability, along with Will Joy, both of whom made some excellent tackles and then had the composure to pick out Sharpe who, again, struck a well hit shot but was thwarted by the goalkeeper again.  Towards the end of the first half Seaford was awarded a penalty.  Sharpe stepped up and drilled a low strike towards the bottom right-hand corner but, again, a wonderful save from the Hailsham number one, tipped the ball onto the bar and out for a corner.  The first half finished with Seaford edging the chances, although Jack Connors in the Seaford goal made two vitally important stops to keep the game level at 0-0.


The second half began very much the same as the first, with Seaford in possession of the ball for long periods.  Stonestreet, now playing on the right-hand side, whizzed past the fullback and whipped a ferocious ball across the box, flashing just wide of the back post after Sharpe had got a little nick on the cross.  This set the tone for the next ten minutes of the match, as Seaford took control of the tempo and began playing some good football all over the park.  Creese got himself on the ball on a number of occasions and started several attacks which, again, the opposition goalkeeper kept out.  However, Seaford eventually broke through.  After good work down the right-hand side by Eddie Wilson, the ball found the feet of Creese in central midfield.  He did extremely well to fend off one opposition defender and then drove at the back three.  He showed excellent composure as he danced his way past two defenders and into the box.  He took aim, and slotted the ball into the bottom right corner. 1-0 Seaford.


The Seaford boys then put the pressure on and tried to increase their lead.  After more good defending at the back, this time from Eric Alexandru, the ball found its way to Wilson.  He powered his way forward, warding off three defenders before seeing his rasping shot deflect wide for a corner.  Sharpe trotted across to take the corner, whipping a delicious ball towards the opposition’s penalty spot.  On cue, was Maclean who managed create a back-heeled flick which found its way into the bottom corner. 2-0 Seaford.


Seaford held out for the last ten minutes, defending well and creating a few last chances.  The score remained at 2-0 and the Seaford team went on to win its first match of the season and the first in Seaford Head School colours.


Man of the Match:  Mason Creese - a truly wonderful and energetic performance.  He totally controlled the tempo of the game, creating various chances and provided a wonderful solo goal.

Under 15 Football Girls.. Tournament Tornado's!

Thursday 22 March SHS v Mallis A 2-0

Thursday 22nd March saw our u15 girls drawn in league 2 with 3 matches against Willingdon Community School St.Bedes B team Millas B team


We won all 3 games in the league

2-1 against Willingdon

6-0 against St. Bedes B

6-0 against Mallis B


That took us into the semi final against St. Margaret’s which we won 2-1  taking us

into the final v Mallis A... an outstanding confident performance saw us the

tournament winners with a 2-0 victory


Outstanding performances from the girls


Ella mcCaughan, Megan Curran, Bethany Creese, Keira White, Maia Hussain, Afra Hussain, Rubia Butcher, Kacie Long, Leticia Gaudencio, Sophie Thorne

Year 10 Boys We Are The Champions.....

Tuesday 20 March 2018 SHS v Lewes Priory 3-0

Seaford Head School’s Year 10 boys’ football team played in the League Cup Final yesterday afternoon against a strong Lewes Priory School side at Eastbourne Borough FC.  The two teams met recently in their final league game of the season where Seaford managed to salvage a point in a thrilling 3-3 draw.  This set the stage for an entertaining match between two strong teams that wanted to play the right way. 


The match started positively for Seaford as the team got a feel for the ball early on, setting the tempo and stroking the ball around nicely.  Both full-backs, Billy Wootten and Sam Joy, had much of the early possession, often playing short one-twos with the midfield three and then getting the ball forward into the feet of our wingers.  It was this nice passing that created the first opportunity.  After some nice build-up play from the back, the ball was worked forward from Wootten into the feet of Dean Richards.  Richards turned and pinged a well-weighted ball out to the right wing.  Scott Staplehurst controlled well, breezing past his man, and fed the ball through to Howard Squires.  Squires swivelled on the ball and struck a well-hit shot to test the keeper in the opening exchanges. 


Lewes then went close.  Another piece of good play allowed their right-winger to edge close to the Seaford box and hit a rasping shot into the grateful clutches of Jago Hussain.  Lewes tested Hussain three more times but, again, he provided good saves to keep the score level. 


It was Seaford that took the lead half-way through the first half when more good build up play from the back, Jack Pullinger, played the ball into Oliver Cox in midfield, who then played the ball delightfully through to Richards.  The crafty central midfielder strode forward with the ball and drew two Lewes defenders towards him.  He cleverly slipped a ball down the side of the defenders and into the path of the pacey Squires.  Squires expertly touched the ball into his stride and casually slotted the ball past the onrushing keeper into the back of the net. 1-0 Seaford 


Seaford then expected a rush from Lewes for the next five or ten minutes.  Lewes created several half chances which were brilliantly thwarted by the ever present Morgan Wright and Pullinger at centre back.  The midfield general of Cox provided brilliant protection throughout the first half with some excellent interventions and tackles.  However, late into the first half the Lewes centre-forward found himself in on goal.  He edged closer and closer as he prepared himself for a one-on-one chance against Hussain.  He struck the ball cleanly but Hussain provided what was the save of the match to deny Lewes just before the break.  1-0 to Seaford at half-time. 


The second half was much the same as the end of the first, with Lewes creating a lot of half chances but nothing to really test the sound defence and the comfortable Hussain in the Seaford goal.  Seaford created a few chances of their own and tested the Lewes defence but to no avail.  Just ten minutes into the second-half, Joey Morris won the ball back in the centre of the park.  He danced away from two defenders and switched the ball out to Staplehurst who, in turn, also beat a defender before delightfully chipping the ball forward into the path of Squires.  The bouncing ball enticed the Lewes keeper to rush out but Squires expertly lobbed the ball over him into the empty net.  2-0 Seaford. 


Seaford then defended incredibly well for the last fifteen minutes of the game.  Everything Lewes threw at them, they defended with courage and class.  Lewes continued to press high in the last five minutes and, again, some excellent defending provided Seaford with a counter attacking chance.  The ball was swept forward and out to the right wing, landing at the feet of Louie Towner.  Towner’s dazzling quick feet allowed him to skip past his man and then delightfully play a through ball to the pacey Aaron Duncan.  Duncan took the ball into his stride and flew past the last defender.  He steadied himself and then struck a beautifully curled shot into the far right top corner from the edge of the left-hand side of the box.  An incredible goal. 3-0 Seaford.


The Seaford team was able to hold on for the final few minutes of the game and, with a superbly timed last ditch tackle from Cox, was able to keep a clean sheet.  The final whistle blew and Seaford boys were crowned Champions.  A superb performance from each and every one of the Seaford players who tore apart such a strong Lewes team.  3-0 the final score.

Almost the Come Back Queens


Monday 12 March 2018 SHS v Durrington High School 3-4

Unfortunately our U14 Girls’ Football team went out in the Semi Final of the County Cup to a strong Durrington High School side, 4-3 yesterday.   Having been 3-0 down at half-time, they continued to show a fighting spirit, scoring a quick goal through Megan Curran who, like Messi, danced through a number of defenders and slotted past the keeper. 3-1.


As the rain was coming down heavily yesterday Emily Macy was in goal, enjoying the mud pit with some excellent saves.  The girls kept going but conceded another, making it 4-1.  With fifteen minutes to go, we had a number of chances and threats, coming from a number of different players, including Leticia Gaudencio’s pace with Rubia Butcher and Keira White both producing solid displays at the back.  Ruby Atkins showed her class with two quick goals to make it 4-3.  There were five minutes left when we hit the post, the side netting and their keeper made a couple of good saves.


It was not our day but I am extremely proud of the way in which the girls conducted themselves, maintaining the Seaford Head School mentality of never giving up until the final whistle.  If you see any of the following girls, please congratulate them on how far they came within the competition and the positive attitude they showed yesterday.

The Mighty Year 10 

Tuesday 5 December 2017 SHS v Lewes Priory 3-2

On Tuesday the 5th December we started the game confidently passing the ball across the back four and into the midfield. Ollie Cox and Dean Richards dictated the play.  Louie Towner and Joey Morris were constantly dangerous probing and supporting the lively Howard Squires.  Unfortunately the Lewes forward broke away after a ball over the top and slotted past Jago Hussain.  Soon after we had the ball in the back of the net after a sublime finish by Jacob Neel who was marginally offside.  A cross from the right hand side caused panic in our defence and the same forward slotted home the loose ball.  With our backs against the wall the team stood up to be counted and Scott Staplehurst at right back linking well with Jacob Neel countered, Joey Morris working his magic created a chance for Squires who undselfishly played the ball to Towner who expertly put the ball in the back of the net to reduce the arrears.

Half time came and went the defence of Staplehurst, Jack Pullinger, Morgan Wright and the Captain Billy Wooten had now worked out how to play against the pace of Lewes we were more solid.  Chances came and went for our forwards and Lewes were looking shaky.  Seaford we well on top and playing some great football but against the run of play Lewes went 3-1 up.  The lads never gave up and with 10 minutes to go a shot from outside the box by Howard Squires ripped the back of the net.  3-2 it wasn’t long before we created chance after chance and some great defending by Lewes kept us out until Jacob Neel smashed into the back of the net with only a minute or two remaining.  The boys battled gamely for a winner but it was not to be.  A great comeback showing great spirit and a never say die attitude.  Well Done Lads!

The Force is Strong Under Master Sutton - Year 8 Boy Football 

Tuesday 21 November 2017 SHS v Ratton 5-0

The Year 8 boys’ football team took on a spirited Ratton School team this afternoon in

their second league match of the season.  Seaford Head School was looking to bounce

back from the disappointment of losing its last match in the dying minutes.


Seaford began the first half and was soon in control of the tempo.  The attacking force

of Lambert, Macy, Jonas and Stones provided Seaford with good opportunities early on

and tested the opposition keeper.  Seaford was dominating the possession and creating

numerous chances but just could not find the back of the net.  It was late into the first half

when Seaford was awarded a corner, after some excellent work by Jonas and Macy down

the left hand side had carved out an opportunity but the keeper parried wide.  From the

resulting corner, Lambert whipped in a delightful cross which was mis-judged by the Ratton centre back.  The ball fell to the feet of Macy who took aim and smashed the ball toward the goal.  The strike was too powerful for the keeper and the ball found its way into the back of the net.  1-0 at half-time


The second half found the Seaford team with more energy and the boys got under way well. The midfield duo of Chapman and Maclean provided the back four with a sturdy barrier in front of them.  This duo, often sniffing out any attacking threat, then played forward towards our attacking options.  The ball continuously found its way out to Stones on the right wing. Stones burst past his opponent and often created a good chance through his crosses.  He was rewarded for this attacking play when he managed to drive past the opposition full back and charge in on goal.  His man could do nothing but bundle him to the floor and a penalty was given. Macy stepped up and coolly slotted the ball into the bottom right-hand corner, making the score 2-0.  Seaford added a third, moments later, with more good play from Stones down the right wing.  The ball found its way to the feet of Macy, in the box, who turned and again, calmly slotted the ball under the on-rushing keeper and into the net.  3-0


The last ten minutes provided more good chances for the Seaford team as they showed their dominance on the game.  Good defending from Spencer and Browne at centre back meant that Ratton were reduced to half chances.  Seaford provided further blows to Ratton when Clemente raced on to a delightful through ball from Jonas.  He raced away from the last defender, cut inside and then powerfully placed the ball into the far corner. 4-0  The final killer blow was struck when the goal of the game arrived with just minutes left.  The ball started with Patching in goal, who played the ball wide to Harrison.  He found Maclean who then played a one-two with Stones.  He found Jonas running down the right hand side of the opposition box, who then chipped the ball across goal into which the ball was meant to go, with a delicate header by Connelly.  The final score was 5-0.


Man of the Match:


Sam Macy:     A hat-trick and tireless work rate throughout.

Seb Stones:   Caused constant problems to the opposition and created numerous chances throughout.

Girl Power U14's County Cup 2nd Round


Thursday 16 November 2017 SHS v St Richards 


After the girls receiving a ‘by’ in the first round of the cup, they were all ready and raring to go in the next round up against a notoriously strong St Richards side. However, it was us who made a strong start with Megan Curran scoring within 3 minutes. Ruby Atkins bagged two goals before 15 minutes had been played, followed by another from Megan. 4 – 0 and St Richards looked stunned, however they did not stop fighting with a couple of strong runs from their number 3 and 13 who looked to peg Seaford back. Only to be faced with the solid Keira White and Harmony Lavallee from the centre of defence clearing everything in their way.


Seaford started to pass the ball better after a scrappy period of kick and chase, with Ruby bursting through their defence once again to claim her well-deserved hatrick. 5-0. Introducing a new name on the score sheet, Afra Hussain who received a cross, inside the box from Megan, calmly controlling and slotting passed the helpless St Richards GK. 6-0.


Just time for one more before half time with yet another new name on the score sheet, Kacie Long, after some great build up play from Katie Allcorn and Megan Curran in centre midfield. 7-0 Half time.


St Richards continued to press in the second half, and credit to them to try and find a goal. They kept their heads high with some great play on the wings only to be muscled off the ball by Rubia Butcher and Eve Koskie who were determined to be part of a defence that kept a clean sheet. Emily Macy, very much under the weather for this game but continued to focus alongside her solid defence. Megan Curran was disciplined in centre midfield but had to keep up with Ruby and also grabbed herself a hatrick with the best goal of the game from 25 yards, striking a perfectly curled shot into the top left hand corner, leaving their goalkeeper rooted to the spot. 8-0.


Introducing Saskia Darbyshire to the frontline with Millie Laker, pressing strong and nearly adding a goal alongside their hard work. Maia Hussain also proving a threat up and down the wing. Top goal scorer for the game became Ruby Atkins after her fourth just before time was called with a darting run through St Richards Midfield and Defence.


Full time 9-0 and a great start to the county cup for the girls. Well done.

Year 7 Didn't Get Lost in the Forest!

Wednesday 15 November 2017 SHS v Forest School 11-0

Following an excellent 3-2 league victory against Seahaven Academy on Tuesday afternoon last, the Seaford Head School’s Year 7 boys were in action again yesterday afternoon, when they met Forest School, at home, in the second round of the County Cup.


The boys were itching to get started and, although the kick off was delayed, it failed to have a detrimental impact on our boys.  We dominated the early stages of the game, seeing our boys keeping possession of the ball well.  The back three players, Tom Allen, Owen Hindle and Luke Brookes, made sure that Max Foulkes in the Seaford goal was rarely troubled. They frequently stopped any Forest attacks and got the ball moving into the midfield areas. Our midfield players, consisting of our captain, Lincoln Shearing, along with Ross Peerless-Mountford, Dexter Lambert and Josh Smith, were able to play some incredibly good football in the opening exchanges. Corey Smart, who was a threat at the start of the game, linked up well with the midfield and caused the Forest defenders problems.


Seaford took the lead in the second minute, when Smart latched on to a ball which was whipped across the box by Lambert.  He then doubled his tally, moments later, when he found his way, once again, into the box and rifled home his, and Seaford’s second of the game.  2-0.  Seaford’s left back, Brookes, then found his way further forward.  He played a nice one-two with Smith and then elegantly made his way into the opposition’s area.  He took aim and thumped the ball past the helpless keeper to make the score 3-0.


Goals then proceeded to fly in.  Every time Seaford won the ball back they turned defence into attack within moments.  The pace of Smith, Smart and Shearing, along with the elegance and quick feet of Lambert, provided many options going forward.  Seaford added a fourth in ten minutes, when Shearing danced his way into the opposition box and slotted the ball into the far bottom corner. 4-0. Shearing added his second, and Seaford’s fifth, just minutes before half-time, when a piece of genius from Lambert, out on the right-hand side, saw his cross find Shearing who leaped towards the ball and angled his half volley into the bottom corner.


The second half began much the same as the first, with Shearing, once again, striding forward with ease and playing some great one-twos with the front three.  Smart and Shearing linked up once more with the latter providing Smart with an assist for his hat-trick goal, which he tucked home at the back post from Shearing’s low cross. 6-0.  Shearing then got a hat-trick himself when he lashed home a well-timed cross from Smith. 7-0.  Smith ‘got in’ on the goal scoring action moments later, when he made a pass out to the right wing to Lambert and carried on his run into the box.  Lambert delivered another fantastic cross to the back post, where Smith was to touch the ball home on the volley. 8-0.  Then came the goal of the game!  The ball began with Max Foulkes in the Seaford goal, who played the ball wide to Hindle.  Hindle found Peerless-Mountford in the middle of the park who, in turn, found Shearing.  Shearing swept the ball out towards Lambert, who then played a one two with Shearing and then sent in a delightful cross, where Smith rose highest and met the ball with a bullet header to give Seaford a 9-0 lead.


The final minutes saw Lambert get a well-deserved goal after he was able to finish off a great ball in from Smart.  Shearing added his fourth of the game when he powerfully smashed the ball past the keeper from ten yards. 11-0 the final score.


This was a truly wonderful performance from our boys, showing a masterclass in attacking but also defending well throughout the game.


Man of the Match


Tom Allen:  For a solid performance at centre back, winning everything in the air all afternoon and making great tackles.

Lincoln Shearing:  For a true captain’s performance, creating numerous chances throughout the game and scoring four himself.

The Phenomenal Year 9 Team Strike Again!

Wednesday 15 November 2017 SHS v Hailsham 6-2

The Year 9 football team travelled to Hailsham yesterday afternoon to maintain their unbeaten league campaign.  It’s always difficult to play Hailsham on their own astro, but the boys settled down well into a pattern of play.  Alex Patching was the first goalkeeper brought into action as Hailsham broke away and the forward under pressure from Flynn Hunter shot straight at him.  With Noah Hardy, Tom Cowland, Hunter and the solid Luke Cox repelling any attacks that was really the last time that Hailsham threatened in the first half.  It was then left to the midfield of Louis Moore, Linden Sarens and Sam Machan to break up play and set the attacking unit of Louie Towner, Aaron Duncan, Derren Atkins and Lucas Piveteau.  Every time they broke they threatened the Hailsham defence, who couldn’t cope with our movement and pace. With the score at 4-0 at half time it seemed easy but the way in which Linden Sarens dominated virtually the whole Hailsham team allowed it to.  Goals from Towner, Duncan, Piveteau, Machan and Atkins (2) led the mighty year 9’s to a 6-2 win.

Old Rivals Admit Defeat 

Tuesday 14 November 2017 SHS v Seahaven 3-2

On Tuesday afternoon, our Year 7 boys’ football team took on its biggest rival in the league, Seahaven Academy, in their second league match of the season.  Since winning its first league match, our team has not been beaten.  This was followed by success in the first round of the County Cup.  Seahaven Academy had won all three of their opening league games and their team was looking to finish top of the league with a win at home.



Seaford Head School boys were raring to go and knew the importance of getting a result against Seahaven, both due to the rivalry and the fact that, with a win, Seaford Head School would have the title in their own hands.  The game started well for our team, with early efforts in goal coming from Corey Smart, Lincoln Shearing and Josh Smith which were all well saved by the opposition number one.  The Seaford team continued to pile on the pressure and flashed many chances towards the Seahaven goal, unrewarded.  Following constant pressure in the opening ten minutes, the Seahaven team got themselves into the game. The big centre-forward, who was a threat all afternoon, managed to find himself in a space outside the box.  He swivelled on the ball and slotted home to give the hosts a 1-0 lead.



Seaford responded well to this, regrouping and getting the ball moving again.  Our team tested the keeper with two or three shots which, again, were well saved.  However, this second phase of pressure paid off when a poor clearance fell to the feet of Smith.  He took a delightful touch inside, then hit a ferocious shot which flew into the top right hand corner. 1-1. The score finished 1-1 at half-time.



The second half started just as promisingly for Seaford, with a few early testers for the opposition keeper.  Our team pressed high and kept the play in the Seahaven half.  A ball was passed to the feet of Shearing, allowing him to dance around two defenders and flash a low cross across goal.  The keeper parried the ball but the sharpness of Smart meant he met the ball first and diverted it into the empty net.  2-1 Seaford.  The boys were now getting a firm grip on the game and started to play some nice football.  More good work in the centre of the pitch allowed Gabriel Hoggath to play the ball through to the driving run forward of Shearing.  He managed to wriggle his way past the last defender and crashed home the ball to make the score 3-1 to Seaford.



Seaford looked in control, with ten minutes left, until a corner was given to Seahaven.  Poor marking in the Seaford box allowed their tall striker to have a free jump as the ball came into the box.  He met the ball firmly and it flew into the net for his, and Seahaven’s second.  3-2. Seaford defended well for the last few moments and made some excellent last ditch challenges to thwart the attacks which were coming from Seahaven.  Good saves by Foulkes and excellent defensive work from Tom Allen, Luke Brookes, Owen Hindle - and later on Jaiden King and Teddy Morris, meant the ball stayed out and Seaford scored.   A thrilling derby day win to secure three points with a 3-2 win.



Man of the Match: Gabriel Hoggath, for a wonderful second half – fantastic team work and work rate.

Outstanding Year 9 Performance  

Thursday 9 November 2017 SHS V Oriel High School  9-5

Yesterday saw our Year 9 boys’ football team play Oriel High School in the second Round of the Sussex County Cup.

The game started promisingly for Seaford Head School, testing the opposition

keeper early on. Our players piled on the pressure and were rewarded just five

minutes into the game.  Louie Towner raced down the right wing and cut the ball

back for Derren Atkins, to lash home from close range.  Seaford players then

doubled their lead when Towner weaved his way through two Oriel defenders

and found Aaron Duncan on the left wing.  Duncan took aim and smashed the ball

into the back of the net.  2-0 Seaford.

Oriel players then got back into the game as they began to move the ball around. The ball found the feet of the Oriel striker, who rushed in one-on-one.  Alex Patching, in the Seaford goal, managed to make a fantastic one-handed save to divert the ball wide.  Patching made two more great saves as Oriel players put the pressure on Seaford.  Eventually, however, Oriel grabbed a goal back.  2-1Seaford

Seaford players reacted by stepping up a gear. The midfield of Moore and Machan started to play the ball around nicely.  Lucas Piveteau gained possession of the ball just inside the Oriel half.  He switched the play and played Towner down the right hand side.  He then crossed the ball which was met by Duncan at the back post to lash home Seaford’s third.  3-.  Seaford players added a fourth just before half time, when Moore hit a powerful shot from the edge of the box which was too strong for the Oriel keeper. 4-1 to Seaford at half-time.

Oriel started the second-half well and grabbed another goal back in the early minutes. 4-2.  The second-half became a frenzy of goals.  Both teams looked good on the attack but it was the Seaford team which extended its lead when Duncan completed his hat-trick, after racing away through the Oriel defence and slotting the ball past the on-rushing keeper.

Oriel players then managed to get another goal as they pegged Seaford back to 5-3. Once again, the Seaford team reacted well, when more good play from Towner and Piveteau found Atkins at the back post, who then netted his second of the match. 6-3.  Oriel players struck again, making the score 6-4.  Atkins completed his hat-trick when he met the ball at the front post.  He skilfully back-heeled the ball, on the move, to net his third of the game and Seaford’s seventh.  7-4 Seaford

Oriel players managed to grab a fifth, moments later, but conceded again when Moore met a Piveteau corner with a bullet header, to make it 8-5.  The Oriel team was unlucky to concede again, when Towner lashed a shot across goal which took a deflection, unsettling the keeper and trickling the ball into the net.

Man of the Match:  Aaron Duncan: a brilliant performance, scoring a hat-trick and causing constant problems for the opposition.​

Year 10 Boys Football - a well fought draw

Wednesday 18 October 2017 SHS V St Catherine's 2-2

The Year 10 boys football team were looking to bounce back from their loss on Thursday 12 October, with a win in the league against St. Catherine's.


The game was played in high spirit as Seaford looked to put their second win together

in the league and started the game well. Seaford created a number of chances in the

opening exchanges but did not really test the opposition goalkeeper. St. Catherines also

had their fair chances as they went close on a number of occasions with two headers

veering inches wide. The best chance of the half fell Seaford's way when a wonderful

through ball from Howard Squires found the feet of Finn Lawrence. Lawrence took a

touch and stuck his shot towards goal, but the opposition keeper was equal to it and

made a great save. St. Catherines had another opportunity minutes later when their

centre forward went close with a well stuck shot, but clipped the post and went wide.


It was Seaford who took the lead with around ten minutes to go until half time. Captain Dean Richards hit a well struck free-kick from his own half up towards our attacking line. St. Catherines tried to hold a high line and play off-side but three Seaford attackers timed their run well and attacked the ball. Jacob Neel took flight and attempted to get to the ball first which sent the keeper towards him, however the ball sailed past into the far corner. 1-0 Seaford. St. Catherines drew level minutes later when some confusion in the Seaford box allowed their striker to take aim and find the bottom corner. 1-1 at half time.


The second half was much of the same with both teams testing the opposition goalkeeper. Howard Squires was the stand out in the second half for Seaford as he hit some good efforts towards goal which either went agonisingly wide or were well saved by the keeper. Scott Staples at right back also performed extremely well making some fantastic last ditch tackles. However St. Catherines took the lead against the run of play with fifteen minutes left to play.


Seaford pushed hard for an equaliser as the minutes ticked by. With around three minutes to go Richards picked up the ball in his own half and began striding forward. He switched the ball out towards Morris over on the right wing. Morris attacked his man and then turned back. Squires had pulled away from the box in an effort to support his team mate. He received the ball and danced his way into the box. He shifted the ball out of his feet and took aim with his right foot at goal. The ball sailed into the back of the net and Seaford had drew level. 2-2. Seaford went close late on but again the ball was inches wide.


The final score finishing Seaford Head 2-2 St. Catherines. A hard earned draw.


Man of the Match - Scott Staplehurst: Showed fantastic defensive play throughout, covered well for his centre backs and made some brilliant tackles.


Year 7 Boys Football - county match success!

Monday 16 October 2017 SHS V Oriel High 3-0

The Year 7 boys football team played their very first county cup match on Monday afternoon against a well organised Oriel High School. This was the first round of the county cup and so our boys were raring to go to get a good start in the competition.


The game started brightly with some nice football being played from both sides. A few half chances fell to both teams with Max Foulkes in the Seaford goal keeping Oriel at out. He made a fantastic save early on in the game when a bullet shot was heading for the top right hand corner, with Foulkes reaching across and clawing the ball around the post.


Seaford upped their game in the next few minutes and began to stroke the ball nicely around the park. Some really neat and tidy work from captain Lincoln Shearing in the heart of midfield found the feet of Luke Brookes at left back. He clipped the ball in behind the opposition full back for Josh Smith to race onto. He whipped the ball across goal and Dexter Lambert met it on the other wing with a well struck effort, but saved by the keeper. The pressure was kept on, and when the ever present Tom Allen made a brilliant tackle at the back, he played the ball forward towards Shearing. Shearing jumped high enough and flicked the ball on towards the pacey Corey Smart. He raced forward and with the goalkeeper rushing out towards him he delightful dinked the ball over the keeper and into the empty net. 1-0 Seaford.


The second half started very much the same as the first, Seaford ever so slightly on top, but Oriel showing some good moves on the counter attack. The back three of Brookes, Allen, Hindle & later Wells, proved to be too much for Oriel as they could not break down a resilient Seaford back line. This allowed Seaford’s midfield boys; Lambert, Shearing, Morris, Smith and later Hogarth, to get on the ball and get Seaford playing. Shearing & Smart showed some excellent link up play in the second half and really turned the screw. It was these two who combined when Smart found the ball at his feet. He layed the ball off to Shearing who danced his way past the last defender. He took aim and smashed the ball home to make the score 2-0. The scoring was complete when Shearing picked up the ball just inside the Oriel half. He made his way forward with confidence and eventually took aim from around 20 yards. He lashed the ball with power into the far top left corner. A stunner to finish the scoring and secure the win for Seaford. The score finishing Seaford Head 3-0 Oriel High School.


Man of the Match – Lincoln Shearing: a truly inspirational captains performance, capping it off with an assist and two goals.  


Year 9 Football Success!


Wednesday 13 September 2017  SHS V St Catherines 14 - 2

On Wednesday 13 September our Year 9 boys’ football team began their season in the top division against a strong St Catherine’s side. The boys had met previously and had narrowly beaten them 1-0 in a final of the East Sussex Schools Seven-a-Side competition.


That being said, the boys knew that they needed to put in a good performance from the offset.  However, after just three minutes, St. Catherine’s took the lead.  This sprung our boys into life and, just four minutes later, Louie Towner cut in from the left wing and hit a rasping shot into the far corner, the dip and swerve on the ball totally bamboozling the goalkeeper.  Seaford Head School then took the lead a few minutes later when Aaron Duncan raced clear and slotted the ball past the opposition keeper.  Seaford Head was now in complete control, moving the ball around the pitch at a high tempo which was rewarded when Lucas Piveteau found the net from a wide angle. 3-1.


Louis Moore then got into the goal scoring action when he received the ball in central midfield.  He danced around to challenges and then delightfully curled the ball into the far top corner from around twenty-five yards out.  A belter!  This was enhanced when Aaron Duncan again raced clear and struck the ball low and hard into the bottom corner. 5-1.  Seaford Head boys continued their dominance and again added to their tally.  This time Duncan turned provider as his shot was parried by the keeper and the ever present Towner lashed the ball home. 6-1. Just five minutes before half-time Tower completed his hat-trick. 7-1.  A little before the half time whistle, Piveteau added his second score of the game, making it 8-1 at half-time.


The second half continued in much the same fashion.  Seaford Head School dominated possession of the ball and their back line was incredible, in particular Tom Cowland, in thwarting all St. Catherine’s attacks.  Seaford Head went on to increase their lead further, with Aaron Duncan securing his hat-trick. 9-1.  Towner added his fourth of the game soon after to make it 10-1 and Piveteau added another, to reach his hat-trick, making it 11-1.  However, the scoring did not stop there, as another brilliant piece of play by the midfield maestro, Louis Moore, enabled the ball to find its way to Towner, who clinched his fifth of the afternoon. 12-1.  Yet another score from Piveteau made it 13-1 with around five minutes to go!


St. Catherine’s eventually scored again, late in the game, making it 13-2, but this was a cancellation goal.  Finally, to finish the scoring off, step forward Harrison Page.  Page was playing his last game for Seaford Head School and had ventured forward.  The St Catherine’s defence had gone walk-abouts by this time and, with virtually the last kick of the game, Page found himself through one-on-one.  He delightfully ‘dinked’ the ball up and over the onrushing goalkeeper to complete the scoring for the afternoon.


This was a truly wonderful performance from the boys and a hugely impressive display of teamwork, commitment and ruthlessness in front of goal.  The final score was Seaford Head School 14  :  St. Catherine’s School 2


Man of the Match:  Louie Towner for an impressive display on the left wing, creating many assists and finishing with five goals himself.


Year 9 Boys Football continue their strong start to the season


Wednesday 11 October 2017 SHS V St Catherine's 14-2

The Year 9 boys football team played their second game of the season yesterday afternoon.
n the back of a 14-2 win over St Catherine's in their first game, the boys were raring to get


The first half started and Seaford imposed themselves on the game, dictating the tempo and
moving the ball around very swiftly. The three central midfielders of Louis Moore, Sam
Machan & Linden Sarens, all had a good start to the game shifting the ball from back to
front with real quality. Up front Derren Atkins proved to be a real threat as his pace often
found him latching onto the end of the through balls played through by the midfield.
Alongside Atkins, Louis Towner and Lucas Piveteau provided attacking width on the left &
right wing and got at their opposition.


The first goal came when more good work from the midfield three, and the team then doubled their lead 5 minutes later.  The team completed the half by adding a third in the dying minutes.


The second half was much the same with Seaford completely dominant. The back four of Hardy, Tom Cowland, Luke Cox and Bailey Bickerstaff were simply brilliant all afternoon with the score finishing at Seaford 6-0 Willingdon.


Man of the Match - Derren Atkins: A brilliant centre forward display with great movement and pace, adding two goals and an assist to his tally.

Triumph for the Year 7 Football Team 

Tuesday 3 October 2017 SHS v Gildridge Hous

On Tuesday 3 October, the Year 7 boys football team played their first game ever  wearing the colours of Seaford Head School.  The boys were up against a tough Gildredge House team, away from home, and they were excited to get their first minutes for the school team.


The game was played at a high tempo with both teams trying to move the ball around nicely. Seaford tested the opposition goalkeeper in the early minutes.  After some skilful build up play the ball found the feet of Corey Smart who unleashed a powerful effort towards the bottom corner.  The keeper managed to get across well and parried the ball wide for a corner.  Seaford went close from the resulting corner and tested the keeper again, this time catching the ball, stopping Seaford from taking an early lead.


As the minutes ticked by, Seaford got a foothold in the game, keeping possession well and moving the ball around the park nicely.  This was rewarded with a good piece of play from Lincoln Shearing, switching the ball out to Corey Smart, who then whipped a low cross towards Dexter Lambert.  Dexter then stroked the ball past the keeper into the bottom right corner. 1-0.


Gildredge team players then upped their tempo in an attempt to get back into the game. They earned a corner in the later stages of the first half and capitalised on a few ricochets in the box, putting the ball into the Seaford net. 1-1 at half-time.


Seaford came out strongly in the second half and began to press all over the pitch.  Again, this was rewarded when Shearing danced his way through the Gildredge defence, only to be stopped by the onrushing Gildredge keeper who parried the shot to his right.  Josh Smith was the first to react and nipped in to belt the ball into the open net.  2-1 Seaford.  Shearing went close again as he unleashed a rasping shot which crashed off the bar.  He struck the woodwork again minutes later after some wonderful play from the Seaford Captain but, once again, the ball crashed the post and came out.  He did, however, create another chance for his team when he floated a delightful ball towards the back post where Smith met it with a thunderous header. 3-1 Seaford.


Seaford was now in control and moving the ball around, the back three of Seaford impressing every time the ball came their way.  Max Faulkes, in goal, was proving to be a valuable asset as he made several ‘Schmeichel esc’ saves.  The back three, consisting of Luke Brookes, Tom Allen and Owen Hindle, kept the attacking threat at bay for much of the second half but the pacey Gildredge striker did have one last chance in the half when he raced onto a long ball and poked the ball under Faulkes. 3-2 Seaford.


However it was Seaford Head School that finished the scoring with more good work from Lambert down the right wing.  He danced his way past two players, played a one two with Shearing and then delivered a delicious low cross towards the front post.  Smart timed his run brilliantly and adjusted his shot with accuracy into the near corner.  A true poachers finish.  The final score was 4-2 to Seaford Head School.


This was a brilliant display from our boys, creating numerous chances throughout and seeing off the opposition in a 4-2 win.  Man of the Match could have gone to any of them. However, Dexter Lambert gave an outstanding performance and earned the award.